Have you ever thought about how your Values and Company Culture might be the most valuable assets you have in a business? Everyday we look at our bottom line in terms of production, but few have considered the point that real rewards may come from focusing on the Core values and current company culture of a business.
A company often times will develop Values to go with their Vision and Mission statements, but the benefits of these values are far more than just words on a wall. Values help guide the decisions that we make in our work environment they guide Operational activities and help decide who we will and who we will not partner with. As the new year approaches we pose a question for each of you; Have you taken stock of your business culture yet?
Here are five questions that may help bring things into alignment for the new year;
1. Does your values align with the vision of the company and do they drive the proper behaviors?
2. Do you have a statement that reminds employees what your core values are?
3. What is your plan for building those values into your organization? Do you have one?
4. How are employees motivated and trained to act on those core values?
5. How are you tracking your results?
Questions like these take time to answer and could very well be the key to a shift in 2016. Happy Holidays everyone and a very Successful new year from all of us at Lean Strategies International LLC.
Lean Strategies International LLC. accepts postings from all Lean and Six Sigma professionals to submit a post please visit: Submit a post.