SMART is a mnemonic used in setting targets and or objectives. The SMART goal setting method is used in many different forms of project management, strategic initiatives and tactical projects. SMART stands for:
1. Specific - The goal should be defined as much as possible with no unclear language or vague references used.
2. Measurable - Can you measure the progress of your goal?
3. Attainable - Is the goal reasonable? Can your team or you reach the goal?
4. Relevant - Will the goal meet your needs? Does the goal align with the long term vision?
5. Time Based - What is the time frame?
Subscribe below and receive lean, six sigma, operations, supply chain, logistics, distribution and business terms in your mailbox.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE